Welcome! Please Login or Sign Up.

speakers

Discussion in 'DJing Discussion' started by Trini1&2, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Newbie

Always the topic with sound. Powered or passive. My opinion powered has nothing on passive. West indian music is very demanding and needs to be loud , very loud, and you just can't beat raw power. what do you guys think??????????

2. Newbie

I prefer passive for installed applications, and powered for everything else nowadays. Powered speakers have definitely come a long way over the past 10 years. I used to ONLY use passive speakers. Now, about 70% of the speakers I have are powered. All my passive cabinets are collecting dust.

3. VIP

What do you look at when comparing e.g 12" powered speakers? What top will supplement a EV ZXA1 sub?

4. Newbie

i totally understand but 2 different worlds of music. powered is good for halls but for block party and clubs you have to go passive

5. Newbie

Powered is easier as a mobile Dj. I recently just sold all my passive speakers and now looking for powered. For out door events passive would be the way to go depending on the setup.

6. Newbie

Powered with a DSP is the way to go. it depends on the power you need and the cost. i use to the the EV's top and bottoms the ELX series.
    They where great for transporting. Now i have the QSC 12 and yorkville 18in sub.

7. Member

I actually use powered tops and passive subs. I put the power where it matters!