Welcome to Mastahpiece! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Corel Draw or Photoshop ????

Discussion in 'GFX' started by xXRoHaNXx, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Newbie

Does anyone have some experience with both, im a beginner in this branch....
    What is simple and easier in use...?

Or maybe lightroom ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016

2. Moderator

It depends on what you're trying to do. They accomplish very different things; Corel Draw is for vector graphics and Photoshop is for mostly raster. Newer versions of Photoshop can handle vector graphics also. If you plan on editing images Photoshop is perhaps the best option for you; there are a lot of freely accessible resources available on the web to teach yourself different techniques. If you're going for Vector art then that's a whole different story.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016

3. Newbie

Photoshop in my opinion has better perks when editing than the others

4. Newbie

Personally i've used Corell before but not a big fan of it. I would recommend Photoshop in your case tho seeing the type of work you will need it for.

5. Member

As mentioned before, it really depends what you are doing. I haven't dabbled into vector graphics as others have stated, but have used each.

Corel - My opinion it used for creating "artwork" whether it be freehand or with precise measurement.

Photoshop - Really your imagination is the ceiling here. I feel it is the most versatile of the three. I used for logo design, photo edits, and retouching.

Lightroom - This is a really good photo editor. You can't really manipulate images as easy as you can with photoshop. It can quickly be used for color correction, exposure settings, black points, and this list goes on. I used this for retouching my product images on my eBay store.

I hope this helps!